Monday, November 19, 2007

The BrocanteHome Puttery Treats Challenge

Alison is having an challenge on her blog. It is to list one of her puttery treats and show how you used it in your home. This was hard to choose just one! But this is the one I chose....


Move one item from every surface in the house. Now. Frame things. Casually lean a pretty empty frame over a favorite ornament. Create vignette of like objects. Add a natural element to every display in the house (A perfect fig, a shell, a bundle of ribbon tied twigs?). Remember to vary the heights of items in any given vignette.




These are a view into my home and some of my vignettes. We live in Canada in the north woods, so it is easy to bring a natural element in - it's right outside the door!


Some leaves and twigs from the yard...



Fresh apples in my vintage butter bowl on my new old table.....


A wooden dream, a pink flowered sugar bowl in the background and some candles...
A vintage printers drawer on the wall with a wood carving done by my Dad...
My front entry way, pine cones from the yard...
Love and Peace all year round on the wood walls...
Cat and Mouse.....
An abandoned birds nest on my bookshelf....
Another birds nest on top....
More pine cones on some vintage ledgers....

I love all my vignettes and I am always adding new ones!

Hope you enjoy and you can join in the fun too - just go to Brocante Home.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos. I came through the Brocante Home site where I did the puttery treats challenge as well. I'm another Canadian, from Vancouver Island.

    ReplyDelete