Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Back from Artfest!

Just a quick one today... I arrived in Seattle late last Sun Mar 30 and went right to sleep!

In the morning, I went down to the dock and looked at these white clouds, which I soon figured out to be mountains! So cool.



I stayed right down town at the Green Tortoise hostel which was a gem. I loved it and would go back again.

It was right next to Pike place market and nice sunny days for me to sight see.


This is a blurry shot of Jodie Picoult author of 15 books, one of which my daughter is reading at the moment. I found a copy at the bookstore and had it signed for Sarah. So cool!

I will have lots more to share... just trying to unpack and get organized and thoughts sorted out about the whole experience. I loved it all and had a blast. Great classes, learnt many new techniques and made great friends that I hope to keep in contact with.

More about all that tomorrow and the days to come!

1 comment:

  1. cheryl,
    my goodness. you really did make the most of your time in seattle. i've always wanted to stay at the green tortoise...sounds like a good experience. and that you got to see, hear and get a signature from jodie p.
    so great to meet you...
    see you again next year.
    celeste

    ReplyDelete