Tuesday, May 27, 2008

By the Sea charm swap

Well, I'm a little late with this...

Ya see, I live in north Canada for those that don't know and it takes forever and a day to get mail up here so I am a good 3 weeks behind everyone right off the hop.

That's my excuse and I'm stickin to it!

So this was another swap in the charmsters group. This was for 25 charms with the theme of by the sea.

I was sure a lot of people would go with the obvious choices - sand, mermaids, shells, sea glass, etc, which was great!

But I wanted to be different and yet still stay with the theme. I brainstormed some stuff and then asked Sean what he thought of when I said by the sea and he said pirate treasure! At first I was like right..... good one, but then I thought of the metal discs I have and I could make them into gold bullion -well in this case, silver doubloons.

I then printed out 25 little treasure maps and attached the charm at the X. Each charm has a pearl too to make it look a little prettier!






I was so impressed with all my charms that I received. Such a creative group we have! Next is the grunge swap and then 25 bird themed charms.

So...How can I make a bird different? lol!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Cheryl, I love these! Great job!

    Oh, and about the introvert/extrovert thing, I can't believe how much you and I have in common!

    ReplyDelete