Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Painting

"Lace" uploaded to etsy today. I had fun with this - I started with paint and then layered dressmakers tissue over it. After it had dried I could "see" a woman figure in the folds of the tissue so I painted her out!


I added a piece of vintage lace to her dress and a necklace of beads, with a vintage book page of lingerie laces attached too.



I am also entering this for Illustration friday this week -Brave - which is how I feel after clicking that LIST button!

Find her here

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for entering the Illustration Friday challenge!! Love your pieces of lace and your found tissue paper lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the vintage lace you've used for her dress, the serene look on her face and the way she seems to glow. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely lovely butterfly image!

    ReplyDelete